Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kindergarten is Over

Last week, Carson finished Kindergarten. Now if you have followed my blog for a while, you know that we have had problems with his school working with us on his behavior and emotional problems. I would love to say that we ended the year with a plan in place and with the school working with us. That's not the case. In fact, my last email to the principal went unanswered for over a week! Now this is the guy who preached how we needed to communicate better when we had our meeting just a month prior!

I have shifted my focus to providing the best school year possible for him next year. I am exploring our other options for schooling.  So far all the other options are quite pricey. By pricey, we're talking $2500-10000 per year! The $2500 doesn't bother me, and really I would have no problem taking him to that school except it is a 30 minute drive, the opposite direction from my work. It would be a stretch for me to get him there and get back to work in time then get back there to pick him up each day. So for now, we are sticking with the school he currently attends. I have already arranged to meet with his teacher for next year prior to the year starting so that we can work out a plan for him. If that doesn't work, I will go up the hierarchy again...ugh!

On a more positive note, Carson completed Carson with great remarks in all academic areas. He really excels in Math. He got his Kindergarten diploma last week and was so excited that he is now a first grader! Only 2 months until it all starts again!

Comparison of first day of school and last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You may also like: