Friday, March 14, 2014

The "Dirty Thirty"





It's true folks. Today I turned the "Dirty Thirty" I can't figure out why everyone makes such a big deal about turning 30? It's just another day, another year older and wiser.

In honor Celebration of turning 30, here are 30 facts about me!

1) I have only moved once in my life. From my parents house to the home I now live in with my family.

2) I share a birthday with my uncle. He was 18 when I was born.  My husband's cousin also gave birth on my birthday 6 years ago. So I share this day with her daughter too!

3) I have 2 sons and love it! People often ask if we will try for a girl...Nope! I embrace my title of "Boymom"

4) I have had 2 shelter dogs in the last 8 years. One now lives with my in-laws, the other still lives with us.

5) I was born with the "nubs"  and "extra skin" for 6th fingers, but the doctors tied them off with string when I was born, leaving me with what looked like warts on my hands.

7) I had my belly button pierced my senior year of high school. It lasted 6 years then I took it out when I was pregnant with Carson.

8) I've performed CPR on 2 adults, and resuscitation measures on a few babies during my work as a CNA, then as a RN.

9) I love working Labor & Delivery/Newborn Nursery. I just didn't like the hours :(

10) I only need 5 classes to complete my bachelor's in nursing. Someday I will finish!

11) I love to run.

12) I still like to call people on the phone, not just text!

13) I own less than 10 pairs of shoes, only 4 of those do I wear regularly.

14) The bathroom is my favorite room to clean. The kitchen is my least favorite.

15) I won a gold medal at national convention for FCCLA Parliamentary Procedure when I was a freshman in high school.

16) I always wanted a husband, 2 kids, and a dog....that has been achieved!

17) I wanted to be a nurse since I was 5 years old. Over the years I would think about other jobs, but eventually came back to wanting to be a nurse during my first year of college.

18) I love hard pear cider and white wine.

19) I am a steak and potatoes kind of gal.

20) I've traveled to 21 states and 3 other countries, but never been any farther west than Oklahoma.

21)  I’ve been with my husband for 12 year and married to him for 7. (soon to be 8)

22) I played every sport that was offered at my junior high. That was basketball, volleyball, and track.

23) I used to be able to play the trumpet and piano in band. I can still play the piano, but not the trumpet.

24) I love boating in the summer. I learned to ski when I was 6 and was able to slalom by age 10. I can still slalom today!

25) I love living in a small town. Even if everyone knows your business before you know it yourself, haha!

26) Are we to 30 yet?!?

27) My favorite flowers are not roses. I actually prefer Gerber daisies or irises.

28)  I have 3 God children.

29) I grew up with severe anxiety, to the point I gave myself ulcers actually. So it is not really that surprising that Carson has the anxiety he does.

30) My family is my life. I can’t imagine my life without each and every one of them, from husband to kids to parents to grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You may also like: