Thursday, July 19, 2012

Our Pirate Birthday Party

       A few months ago our little guy informed me he wanted a pirate birthday party. I was all for this, but was amazed by how expensive a lot of the pirate theme stuff was in the stores and online. I decided I was going to make a lot of the stuff myself. I made the treasure chest, the cake, the cupcakes, and had help with his shirt and eye patches for the kids. Here's the photo dump of the party.

Digging for treasure

Getting a Tattoo
 
Blowing out the candles

Mommy's 1st ever attempt at decorating a cake!

Pirate shirt made by his MeMe


Family party pinata time!
The treasure chest from his school friend party's treasure hunt.

Pin the flag on the treasure


So that's the party...Well parties actually! We had a "school friend" party in the morning with all of his school friends...9 kids under the age of 5...craziness! Then in the evening we had a family and family friend party with 7 more kids there. I was one tired momma when it was all over, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It was all worth it when he told me it was the best birthday ever :)

PS- If you want to know how I made any of the stuff, please ask and I will make a post on how I did that item or items :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You may also like: