Sunday, June 17, 2012

6 years...

Today is another special day in the N household. Today marks 6 years of my dear hubs and I being married! In honor of our anniversary, I am dedicating this post to the story of us, hang in there, I will try to make it as short and painless as possible :)

Tuesday, April 16th, 2002
---I was a senior in high school. I wasn't usually allowed to go out on school nights at this point. Anyways, I had gotten a phone call from Chris that afternoon asking me if I wanted to go to the Sugar Ray concert in Decatur (a nearby town) that night. I was hesitant to agree, I wasn't allowed out on school nights AND this would be our first date. We had never met face to face up til this point. I asked mom and dad, and they said I COULD GO as long as Chris came by the house to meet them before we left for the concert. I met Chris at the local McD's and he followed me to our house, then we were off. The concert was great, we had an awesome time. We got home at 11:30, but the date wasn't over yet. We stayed on the front steps talking until 1am!

May 11, 2002
---My senior prom...I asked Chris to be my date for prom literally 3 days before prom! He showed up, I met his parents for the first time, and we were off to a fun filled night! Prom was great, post prom was a blast, then we were home to sleep (in separate rooms) for 3 hours.


Now after graduation 3 weeks later, I went to work full time as a CNA. We saw each other on weekends off, and whenever he would bring me supper at work....yes he drove 30 miles, to bring ME lunch for my 30 minute break. That fall I started nursing school, and we still were going stong.

-----FAST FORWARD 3 YEARS-----

May 6, 2005
---Chris and I went to Chicago for a concert...U2 to be exact. It was our first time away from home overnight, together, without parental supervision. We walked along Navy Pier, ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp, then decided to ride the infamous Ferris Wheel. I had begged all night to go on it and Chris held out on me. Finally we did. They took our picture right before boarding...I will have to find it Chris looked scared to death! We got on, got up to the top as the sun was setting, and Chris got out of his seat....scared me to death! He gets down on one knee, pulls something out of his pocket and proposed! Totally not expected, and totally not like him to be all romantic. Of course I said YES!

June 17th, 2006

At 3:30 in the afternoon, we were married.  In the church I grew up in. Where I was baptized and confirmed.


And now today we celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss. It may not have always been perfect love. It may not have been easy. But we have survived and have this to show for it!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

You may also like: