Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Go Cubs Go!

Saturday was a very special day for our little man. He got to take his first trip to a Chicago Cubs game! It's like a rite of passage in my family. For as long as I can remember, my dad has been a die hard Cubs fan. He grew up in the Chicago area, so naturally he loves all Chicago teams. We live right in the middle of the state...2.5 hours from St. Louis and the Cardinals, and 3 hours from Chicago and the Cubs (or White Sox *yuck*). No way would we be Cardinal fans! I can still remember going to a game almost every summer when I was growing up. It was a special treat and was so fun! So what better for a lil man's first Cubs game than a Cubs vs. Cardinals game?!  Papa and MeMe took us to the game since daddy had to work all weekend again :( Despite the heat, we had a ball, and lil man even enjoyed the game. It was even better that the Cubs won and beat those "stinky cardinals" as C calls them. C even sang the traditional win song, "Go Cubs Go"at the end. To top off his day, he got to go to the each on Lake Michigan and play in the waves! Here's some photos from what little Cdude was calling "the best day ever".

Welcome to "the Friendly Confines" of Wrigley Field!

Yes that's nachos...in a helmet!

Peanut (shell) finger will get you!

After 5 attempts, and him being a jokester, this is the best I could get :-P

Catch me waves!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! We are huge baseball fans. My hubs is from Cincy so the Reds are our team!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You may also like: