Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wish I could do that...

      This past Sunday my husband Chris competed in his very first triathlon. It was cold, and windy, but we both survived. I was so proud of him for setting this goal weeks ago, and actually staying committed to accomplishing it. He did accomplish it! In fact he finished the 300meter swim, 14.5 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run in less than the time he had set forth as his goal. His goal was 1hr 45min. He did it in 1hr, 38min, 1sec.

     When he climbed out of that 80 degree pool into the 37 degree air, I knew it was his best swim time ever. It brought tears to my eyes seeing him finish the first portion of the triathlon. He did an awesome job on the bike ride, which we figured he would since he cycles 20-30 miles most nights of the week. His 5k (3.1mile) run was what I was worried about. How can you run after doing those other two things?!?

He crossed that finish line so strong. I nearly came apart when he finished. I was so proud of him for doing it. (I already knew approx what his time would be due to the wonders of camera time stamp). His grandpa, who hasn't been in good health lately made it just in time to see him cross that finish line. He beamed with pride that day. This is probably the best moment in his grandchildren's sports endeavors.

Here's him starting stage 2 (the ride), and when he crossed the finish line :)




So this got me thinking...I wish I could do that! I want to do this with him......Sooooo my current goal in life is to run a 5k on October 20th in my hometown.  I want to share in his love of exercise (it couldn't hurt me to run) and catch up to his weight loss he's achieved through training for his goals.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome!!! What an accomplishment! You are right to be proud :)

    Good luck training for your 5k!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You may also like: